Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Margarita Cheesecake

 I know, I know. I haven't been on here in FOREVER! But, I created a recipe this weekend, or cobbled it together, and I just HAD to share! 

We had some friends over for a Christmas in July party, and while not many came, we still had great food and great fun! 

I made a Copycat Costco Quinoa Salad, and added chicken to it, and it was SUPER healthy, but SUPER tasty as well!! I have to say, even with kale, lentils, and quinoa, it was delicious!! Unfortunately, I cooked ALL of my lentils, so now I need to find some recipes for those! 

I also went across the state to a little shop and got some farm fresh peaches and made some fresh peach pies, I added a little too much water to the crust, and next time I think I'll add some sugar to it too, but all in all, yum!

And of course, the reason for this post in the first place, Margarita Cheesecake!! I saw a post on Pinterest for this, but when I went to look at the recipe for it, the poster had taken it down! Bummer! The link did say that she had a margarita jelly on top, and the cheesecake was no-bake, so I took her traditional no-bake cheesecake recipe and found a recipe for a cake with a margarita gel, so I put the two together with a graham cracker-pretzel crust, and Shazaam! So, here it is!!


Crust

1 pkg Graham Crackers

1 cup Pretzels

¼ c sugar

12 tbsp butter (melted)

 

Cheesecake Layer

24 oz (3 packages) cream cheese (warmed)

1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar

1 Tbsp vanilla extract

1 ½ Tbsp lime juice

Pinch of salt

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 limes worth of lime zest

 

Margarita Gelatin

2 oz water

8 grams KNOX gelatin

2 oz margarita mix

2 Tbsp sugar

4 Tbsp lime juice

2 oz tequila

1 Tbsp triple sec


Put graham crackers, sugar, and pretzels in a blender and blend for 30 sec. to crush and then add the butter.

Press into a 9-inch round or 20- 8 oz jars.

 

Put the cream cheese in a blender with the confectioners’ sugar and blend until smooth.

Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until whipping cream has thickened.

 

Sprinkle Gelatin onto the water in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes to bloom.

Add the next 3 ingredients and microwave for about 30 seconds, until gelatin turns clear.

Let it sit for 5 minutes and scoop any foam off the surface.

Stir in liquors and spoon onto cooled cheesecake layer. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment