Friday, May 18, 2012

My First Paying Gig!


So, I completed my first “real” catering job this past week. It was a lunch for the maintenance staff and parents who help out at sporting events at an area private school. It started out being for about thirty people, then 37 to 40, and ended up having all of those, a few coaches, the athletic director, and the school president! I am so forgetful that I forgot my business cards, but thankfully, I know myself, and had a few in my purse as well! 

My sister came down to help out with the girls while we got ready for this event and during our yard sale the weekend before. It was great because I realized that having a couple of extra hands would really help me out at the school as well. If she hadn’t been here, I may have gone crazy!

Here are some pics of the food that we prepared for the event, and here’s the menu:


 Fruit salad
Italian meatball sliders
Garden salad with four dressings
Baked potato bar
 Baked Beans
Spicy Chicken Avocado Roll-ups
Broccoli salad
Sports themed cupcakes
Ginger Watermelon spritzer
Strawberry Lemonade

The cupcakes I may have gone a little overboard on, I had chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, chocolate with chocolate filling, made to look like footballs, chocolate with strawberry filling, made to look like basketballs, vanilla cupcakes with chocolate filling, iced to look like soccer balls, vanilla cupcakes with strawberry filling, iced to look like baseballs, and vanilla cupcakes with lemon curd, iced to look like tennis balls. There were supposed to be vanilla/vanilla cupcakes too, but I ran out of plain vanilla butter cream icing at the zero hour! I guess it was OK though, because they were the hit of the show and very few made it home with me!!

I was a little upset that there was no Sweet and spicy bacon wrapped chicken to take home with me, but I guess that’s really a good thing! Also, the Spicy Chicken Avocado Roll-ups were very popular and many people asked me for the recipe. I’m going to try to see if I can link them up, and if not, the recipes are on my Pintrest board!! 

I’m catering the Confirmation Reception at church this weekend, so hopefully I’ll get better pics and another blog post very soon!!

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO AWESOME! Minus the fact that you posted this at 4:37am really, ugh! Get some rest and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i don't know what happened there, but it was literally minutes before you commented, so maybe 7:37 AM maybe?? Thanks though!! ps, it says you commented at 4:49 :)

      Delete